A leading energy saving website, ConserveEnergy.co.uk, is warning consumers to start planning now to save money on their energy bills. ConserveEnergy.co.uk has compiled effective and innovative ways to minimise the inflation busting energy price rises.
The Green Deal will be the biggest home improvement programme since the Second World War, so it's vital that it can be trusted, climate change minister Greg Barker said today. From 2012, households would be able to borrow £10,000 for renovations.
Homeowners who install a Smart Meter to manage their energy consumption are to have their right to switch providers protected, under new proposals published by Ofgem, the Government's energy regulator.
Significant energy savings can be made from planting ivy against brick walls, according to new research from Horticultural Trades Association. The study showed that families could save as much as £134 per year on their heating bills by simply planting next to external walls.
House Price Index
- House price recovery says Nationwide
- London Olympics forecast to stagnate house prices
- House prices for June show improvement
- House prices show improvement as market stabilises
- It’s a seller’s market in some parts of the country
- New build property prices ‘up 7.7% in 12 months’
- House prices ‘down 0.5% in 2011’
- Property prices ‘resilient in 2011’
- Property sales to rise, but house prices to fall in 2012
- Buyer demand and sales ‘lift in November’
- Investigation into consumer understanding of energy bills
- EDF Energy to cuts gas costs by 5%
- Energy saving tips from ConserveEnergy
- UK fuel poverty hotspots revealed
- Ofgem outlines Smart Meter protection plan
- E.ON energy price rise to kick in tomorrow
- Northerners paying more for home energy
- Families blame each other for energy wastage
- A quarter of UK boilers 'at risk of breaking'
- UK homes braced for biggest ever energy bills