It seems the dream home of the average UK person is no mansion or luxury apartment but a three-bedroom semi-detached house. According to research from AA Home Emergency Response most people want a nice home with good neighbours in a desired location.
Property prices in seaside towns have more than doubled in the past decade, according to latest figures. The Halifax study shows house prices in 97 coastal resorts across England and Wales have risen by 128 per cent since 2001.
House Price Index
- House price recovery says Nationwide
- London Olympics forecast to stagnate house prices
- House prices for June show improvement
- House prices show improvement as market stabilises
- It’s a seller’s market in some parts of the country
- New build property prices ‘up 7.7% in 12 months’
- House prices ‘down 0.5% in 2011’
- Property prices ‘resilient in 2011’
- Property sales to rise, but house prices to fall in 2012
- Buyer demand and sales ‘lift in November’
- Investigation into consumer understanding of energy bills
- EDF Energy to cuts gas costs by 5%
- Energy saving tips from ConserveEnergy
- UK fuel poverty hotspots revealed
- Ofgem outlines Smart Meter protection plan
- E.ON energy price rise to kick in tomorrow
- Northerners paying more for home energy
- Families blame each other for energy wastage
- A quarter of UK boilers 'at risk of breaking'
- UK homes braced for biggest ever energy bills